Nursing Career in Canada

Nursing is a respected and a highly paid profession in Canada. Canada is in need of trained nurses. If you are a high school graduate or a foreign trained nurse you can become a Registered Nurse (RN) in Canada by following the steps below.

Step #1 Complete your post-secondary education

Step #2 Apply to the College of Nurses (in the province you wish to relocate) directly for assessment

Step #3 If you pass, you must meet other requirements in order to be “registered” by a provincial or territorial nursing regulatory body in Canada.

 After completing an eligible education program, you must then show:

  • Evidence of fluency in written and spoken English or French
  • Registration or eligibility for registration in the jurisdiction where a nursing program was completed.
  • Proof of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency, or authorization under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) to engage in the practice of nursing.
  • Good character and suitability to practice, as indicated by a Declaration of Registration Requirements and a Canadian Criminal Record Synopsis.

A valid certificate of registration from the College is required of all nurses who wish to practice nursing in Canada and perform the procedures in the controlled acts that are authorized to nursing.

 Step #4 Evolve your competencies

 If you are foreign trained Nurse there is good news!

 Canada has now opened doors for internationally trained nurses.

 All Canadian provinces have their own requirements and regulations, including professional designations, such as LPN, RPN or RN and must meet the mandatory education requirements for a nurse in Canada.

The first step to living and working in Canada as a nurse is to get all your qualifications assessed and converted into North American standards by the National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS). To do this, you must also have a clear idea about which Canadian province you wish to live and work in. It’s important to note that registration requirements vary from province and territory, and therefore, aspiring nurses must be assessed by the nursing regulatory body in the province or territory they aim to live and work in.

As an Internationally Educated Nurse (IEN) you must set up an account with NNAS before your application will be considered by any Canadian nursing regulatory body.

NNAS will evaluate it and provide you with online access to an Advisory Report, which contains results of the evaluation. NNAS will also send a copy of this report to the relevant regulatory body.

You are then allowed to apply directly to the regulatory body of your choice and pay their application fee. You will be able to do all this from your NNAS online account.

It is important to note that, the regulatory body and not NNAS, will determine if you are eligible to register, or whether you need additional assessments or must take additional courses. It is the regulatory body that will make the final decision about your registration or licensure.

Permanent Residency

The Federal Skilled Work program enables qualified nurses to achieve permanent residency without the need for securing a valid job offer. However, it should be noted that both categories are highly competitive and only those applicants with outstanding skills and experience as well as high English or French language proficiency will qualify.

 Temporary Residency

Temporary residency may be obtained through a work permit and a valid job offer. Educational credentials are assessed prior to approval for temporary residency. Credentials may be assessed both inside and outside the country. Once the educational credentials have been reviewed and accepted, you are then able to register as a nurse in Canada.

How we can help?

 We are reputed Canadian advisory and consultants providing assistance in applying for nursing education in Canada or if you are a foreign trained nurse looking to immigrate to Canada as a Nurse. The company is head quartered in Canada with branch offices in India and the UAE. Our team works closely with hospitals and Registered Nurse Associations across Canada. We have a team of experienced immigration lawyers who assist you in the complete process.

While you are working your way towards converting your degree to Canadian standards will provide assistance in the preparation of the clinical exams. We assist you in getting clinical work experience, paid internships, permanent residency and work permit while you are preparing to be a registered Nurse in Canada.

We help you every step of the way!

Looking for a BSc. Degree in Nursing or a degree/ diploma in Practical Nursing we can assist you in the application process.

Documents needed:

  • High school diploma with science subjects in high school
  • IELTS/TOEFL score

Looking to convert your Nursing degree to a Canadian degree!

Documents needed

  • Detailed Resume with educational qualifications
  • High school diploma
  • Degree in Nursing or MSc. In Nursing (if you are a graduate)
  • IELTS/ TOEFL score

Contact us:

Tel: +971045512620


Fill Below Information

[contact-form-7 id=”910″ title=”Contact form 1″]

Have questions? Leave your details below and a counselor will get back to you shortly!