Canadian Universities offer various kinds of scholarships for international students. If you are looking to Study in Canada explore Scholarship opportunities in Canada.
Canada offers THREE kinds of scholarships:
- Automatic Entrance Awards
- Scholarships you can apply for
- Full Scholarship program
Automatic Entrance Award: This Scholarship is automatic and is based on your final grade average in high school. Every university has a grid they follow which starts at approximately 85% and goes on until 95% with scholarship ranging from CAD$ 2000 upto CAD$ 10,000. Keep your grades up and get a maximum scholarship from Canadian University.
Scholarships you can apply for: Each university has additional scholarships for international students. These scholarships are based on specific criterias and you can apply for them if you meet those criterias. Some of the common criterias being Sports, Academics, Involvement in Extracurricular activities, Nationality………..
Full Scholarship program: A few Top universities offer international students a full scholarship program. For full scholarships you need to be nominated by your school. In most cases, the school can nominate only one student per university. These awards are extremely competitive and need a strong application to maximize your chances of getting the scholarship.
How to make a successful Scholarship Application for Canada:
- Shortlist scholarships that are suited for your profile
- Read the scholarship application carefully
- Review the questions/ essay topics
- Build a strong essay highlighting your profile and your extra-curricular activities
- Be clear and concise in your writing. State clearly why you are the right candidate for the scholarship
- Connect the Award to your own educational journey
- Choose Academic references NOT Personal references. Choose someone who has known you for a year or more. Give the referees a link to the scholarship so they know what you are after, as well as a copy of your resume, university details, personal essay and other relevant documents
- Follow the deadlines and apply well before the deadline
- Manage your time well and spend at least 2-3 hours per week for searching and prepping
- Look at your social media profile and clean your profile before applying