Are you interested in studying in Canada?
You should carefully watch the timeline for Canadian admissions.
All you need to know about studying in Canada and Canadian admissions for 2021 intake. Read the complete article by Vandana Mahajan, Founder and Director, Futures Abroad. Futures Abroad is a leading education consultant in Dubai.
Through this blog I am sharing my experience of working with University of Toronto for seven years. Canadian universities are Public universities with great quality of education, professors and research facilities.
If you are interested in studying in Canada, you need to carefully watch the time line for admissions. Most Canadian universities offer only one intake of admission; September each year.
Timeline for Canadian University application
How to create a winning application for Canadian top universities. Here is a time line for Canadian University application and Tips of creating a winning application.
Timeline for Canadian Admissions:
- Applications for Canada will open end of September of the previous year. So for 2021 intake it will start this September 2020.
- July- September: Use this time to shortlist universities and research programs.
- Prepare your CV with all academic and non-academic qualifications.
- Ensure you meet the admissions criteria and have the necessary prerequisites for admission in your desired program.
- If you are missing the prerequisites it’s important to take Canadian high school credits online and complete the prerequisites by November of the previous year.
- Talk to your teachers about references.
- October 2020: Submit your applications.
- Complete the documents submission by 30th November 2020 .
- Don’t wait until the regular admission deadline of 15th January 2021.
- If you are looking for scholarships, complete and submit your scholarship applications by December
Your overall profile matters
Canadian admissions are a first-cum-first basis. Canadian universities focus on your academics first and your overall profile for admissions. If you are applying for programs like Engineering, Business Management, Architecture, Fine Arts, Life Science and pre-medicine, Canadian universities want to know about you and your overall profile.
It is important to showcase that you have managed your time well since grade 9 and have excelled in academics and in extra-curricular activities
Canada is a popular study destination
Canadian universities have introduced video essays and video questions for certain programs as Canadian universities are jumping the global ranks and Canada is now a popular study destination.
Canadian universities don’t need SAT or ACT for admissions unless you are from an American Curriculum school. Not all universities require you to have the standardised admissions test for admissions. You will need English language tests cleared like IELTS, TOEFL, Duolingo or PTE. IF you have a good score in SAT or ACT you could submit the same along with your admission documents.
Documents you need to submit
Your application is considered complete when you have submitted the following documents:
- Predicted grades from current year
- Grade 10 transcripts
- Grade 11 transcripts
- Essay questions
- Supplementary essays (if any)
- English language test report (needs to be reported directly from the testing institution to the university)
Once your application is complete it will be picked for assessment. You will receive an admissions decision even before the final deadline of Jan 15th if your file is complete.
Also if you want to know why you should study in Canada, do read my article on the top 10 reasons to study in Canada.
Good luck with your application. Looking help with video questions and video essays, we can help you achieve your goal of joining a Top Canadian university.
The author Vandana Mahajan is the Director of Futures Abroad. The company is considered as one of the top education consultants in Asia. Futures Abroad has successfully guided over 13,000 students in finding their career path. You may contact the author or check their website www.futuresabroad.com. Futures Abroad hopes and promises to continue helping students to pursue their dreams and aspirations for higher studies. They are successfully organising various Virtual Education fairs for countries such as Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Europe, UK, USA, Malaysia, and the Caribbean. In these Virtual fairs you can meet the University Representatives online. For more information please click on the link https://futuresabroad.com/virtual-event-summer-2020-canada/. Stay home, stay safe and do not let your dream slip away. Futures Abroad is always there for you.